Saturday, December 8, 2007

One Month and Counting

It is strange to write this, but we have a month left in Oaxaca. On the 9th of January, very early in the morning, we walk on a plane and will eventually step out of airport-land in Denver, onto fresh, cold dirt, or snow, or pavement. Well...you catch my drift.

Today, I post a photo that caught my eye early on. Rod iron fences abound in Oaxaca and many are coiled and bent into artistic forms...if not kitschy designs. This one surrounds a house that doubles as a preschool. If I hadn't seen the movie, Donnie Darko, I'd think it was kind of cute, but because there is a creepy man in a bunny suit in that film, I only think of him when I walk by, which I usually do two or three times per week. Maybe it is because the bunny wears a frown.


Note to grandparents...though I love the film Donnie Darko, for it's weird time-bending redemption, I don't recommend that you see it.

No comments: